1. Ports: Steel port bosses, welded to barrel. SAE ports are standard and can be rotated to any position in relation to each other and the mounting. NPTF ports are available at no extra charge.
2. Cylinder Barrel: Cold drawn 1026. Damage resistant, heavy wall steel tubing. Honed to 8 - 16 micro finish for low frictional drag, maximum seal and piston bearing life.
3. Rod Gland: Ductile iron gland threaded into the tube provides maximum bearing support and wear resistance.
4. Piston: Lightweight, high strength, precision machined from solid aluminum alloy (6061-T6)..
5. Piston: One piece ductile iron piston provides maximum strength and protection against shock loads. Anaerobic adhesive is used to permanently lock and seal piston to rod on 6" bore and smaller. Piston is o-ring sealed and mechanically locked on bores over 6".
6. Piston Rod: High strength damage resistant piston rod provides 100,000 PSI minimum yield material in 5/8" through 4 1/2" diameters. Larger diameters vary between 50,000 and 75,000 PSI minimum yield material. All rods are case hardened to 50 - 55 RC and hard chrome plated to provide maximum wear life. Stainless steel also available.
7. Gland O-ring Seal: High durometer o-ring and back-up insures leak free service.
8. Rod Seal: Twin lip urethane rod seal is pressure energized and wear compensating for long, leak free service. Viton® seals are optional.
9. Piston Seals: O-ring energized loaded lip with wear band is standard. Step cut cast iron rings, Viton® seals, and Hi Load seals are optional.
10. Rod Wiper: Urethane double lip wiper acts as a secondary seal while keeping out dirt, dust, and other contaminates. Viton® wiper is available for fluid compatibility or temperatures to 400°F. Metallic scrapers and low friction wipers are also available.